On 31st March 1950, Feltwell Parish Council acquired the land at Paynes Lane for the purposes of the Physical Training and Recreation Act 1937, from Edward Cyrill Newcome on which his mansion house, known as Feltwell Hall, and it’s adjoining meadows (in all about 15 acres), once stood.
Play Area & Tennis Court
The play area and tennis court are maintained by the Parish Council. Once a month, a risk assessment is carried out on all play equipment and any hazards immediately reported to the Parish Council. A yearly safety inspection of the play area is carried out by independent fully trained inspection engineers who ensure the equipment complies with British and European safety standards.
The Scout Hut is situated on the playing field and is hired by the Cubs, Beavers & Scouts. For further information about these organisations, please contact Mrs Claire Scarff on 01842 827555.
Junior & Senior Football Teams
Feltwell have two football teams who regularly use the Changing Room facilities on our playing field. Feltwell’s Junior Under 11’s team is managed by Richard Williams (tel: 07970 039224) and the Senior team is managed by Lee Webber (tel: 07903 006102).
NEW Skate Park!
The new skate park was official opened on 2nd June 2018. Three local Mums – Miranda Bane, Jo Martin and Angie Beale – worked tirelessly to realise this project. Working in conjunction with the Parish Council who donated £5000 towards this project, their application for a £35,000 grant from Sport England was successfully awarded last year and they also secured grants from the Sir Edmund de Moundeford Trust, the Geoffrey Watling Charity and the Shelroy Trust. Money was also raised locally by the community who took part in events such as a sponsored walk, race night and family fun day. Local businesses such as British Sugar, Center Parcs, Warren Energy and R K & J Jones all gave generously too. Read the full story here.
For further information, please contact Mrs Miranda Bane on 07813 468944.